This item is currently out of stock. You may place an order now but we won’t be able to ship your order until June 15, 2019. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis with prepaid orders being the first to ship out. Thanks!
Pure Barley Grass Powder (Hordeum Vulgare)
Barley grass is immensely nutritious. A single tablespoon of the powder contains more vitamins and minerals than the average daily consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Immune System Support. Barley grass powder is known to promote alkalinity of the blood (opposite of acidity)… When your blood is alkaline and oxygenated, it can perform tasks better and you’re less prone to getting sick or having cancer. Being acidic is just the reverse (this is why a common denominator among all cancer patients is that they’re all acidic).
- Cholesterol Reduction. Barley grass powder is a good source of beta-sitosterol which inhibits the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines.
- Antioxidant properties. Barley grass scavenges free radicals which are responsible for causing and aggravating inflammatory problems such as gout and arthritis
- Weight Loss. You can make a basic meal replacement smoothie with just barley grass powder, banana and water. You can replace all your meals in a day or just some depending on how fast you want to lose weight.
- Our barley grass powder is pure. When comparing to other brands, we recommend checking the ingredients.
- Our have no flavorings, artificial color, extenders, etc. It’s just 100% barley grass powder
- Roarganics is the more affordable way to go if you’re going to use barley grass powder on a daily basis.
Difference between barley grass and wheatgrass
- Different companies selling either barley grass and wheatgrass will insist one is better than the other when the truth is that both have nearly identical nutrition profiles. (We don’t have to do what they’re doing because we carry both products)
- Barley grass has the advantage of being mildest tasting of all green superfood powders (the others are wheatgrass, spirulina, and chlorella).
- Its taste is very similar to wheatgrass but only slightly milder that only long-time users can only discern the difference
How to use
- Taste: Mild and leafy taste comparable to Matcha (powdered green tea leaves).
- Ours barley grass powder is called a “straight powder”, which is a technical way of referring to the whole grass in a dry, pulverized form as opposed to a juice extract powder which, as the name implies, is just the juice. Either kind has its pros and cons but in a nutshell, a straight powder tends to have more nutrients and minerals and fiber than an extract powder. It’s only disadvantage is that it doesn’t dissolve entirely in water. It’s a great addition to fruit smoothies.
- You can use it with green coffee extract to lose up to 1 kilo per day by following the BGC weight loss program.
- Other suggested use: In a tumbler, put unsweetened pineapple juice and 3 tablespoons of barley grass powder. Shake well. Drink and eat with banana.