Sweet & Skinny Gourmet Tea Blend
Sweet and Skinny Tea is a gourmet combination of herbs that not only help you lose weight and stay sexy, they also keep you healthy from the inside out!
Let’s go over each all-natural ingredient to see what you’re getting in every sip:
Health benefits of Cinnamon
- Controls insulin levels and decreases blood sugar. Cinnamon mimics the function of insulin, the chemical which regulates blood sugar. Why is this important in weight loss? Because if your blood sugar is too high, your body builds up fat stores. Cinnamon helps prevent that from happening.
- Speeds up metabolism. This is one good reason why you should drink this tea before meals. Cinnamon helps speed the metabolism of not only sugars but also carbs. This heats up the body and gives you an energy boost – the result of calories being burned instead of being converted into fat.
- Lowers bad cholesterol. While it’s a fact that fat doesn’t make you fat (sugar does), you still have to watch your cholesterol levels. Because it looks weird to be skinny and suffer from a heart attack J
- Suppresses appetite. Another very good reason we recommend Sweet and Skinny before meals. Cinnamon tricks the brain into thinking you’re not hungry and it wards off cravings for sweets.
Health benefits of Orange Peel
- Burn baby burn! Orange peel containe synephrine, octopamine, and tyramine. Octopamine suppresses appetite. Tyramine promotes high metabolic rate. Synephrine increases body heat and energy the same way like Ephedrine.
- Prevents constipation. Orange peel is a rich source of non-soluble polysaccharides such as pectin and tannin. It helps prevent constipation and reduces acidity which sometimes results in heartburn and vomiting.
- Good for the heart. Orange peel contains nobiletin which helps lower the risk of heart disease as well as LDL (bad cholesterol)
Health Benefits of Cloves
- Improves digestion. Cloves stimulate the secretion of digestive enzymes so you can process your food and assimilate nutrients more easily. It also has antibacterial properties that protect against a number of human pathogens including the cholera bacteria.
- Preserves bone density. Cloves make this tea especially beneficial to women because it helps preserve bone density and mineral content.
- Chemo-preventive properties. Cloves are of interest to the medical community because it has been shown to be helpful in controlling cancer cells in early stages.
Health benefits of Peppermint
- Appetite suppressant. The scent of peppermint oil has been proven effectively to reduce appetite and cravings – making this the perfect beverage before having a meal.
- Helps prevent Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Studies have proven to reduce the severity of IBS symptoms by up to 50%
- Freshens breath. Drink this tea for better smelling burps J
Health benefits of Rose Petals
- Stress relief. A study in Brazil has shown that compounds from rose petals have a calming effect.
- Good for the skin. To a lesser extent, rose petals are also beneficial to the skin in the same manner as rosehip berries found in our Berry Sexy Tea.
Weight Loss Instructions and Tips
- Take Sweet and Skinny Tea before breakfast, lunch and during break. Put 1 tablespoon of the tea blend in the tea ball and let it steep in a mug with hot water for 5 minutes.
- Berry Sexy Tea is recommended to be drank at home, late in the afternoon, evening, or over the weekend and when you’re not operating heavy machinery because it’s a very soothing tea. It helps you relax and fall asleep. Same instructions for brewing.
- Add a pinch of Senna Leaves (roughly about 10 leaves) in your tea when you want to “empty the cargo hold” after going on an eating binge. Senna is very effective so make sure you have easy access to the bathroom after taking it. Make sure to take Senna no more than three times a week to avoid getting desensitized.
- To enjoy freshly brewed tea away from home, simply bring your tea ball and some of the tea in a bag. Just get a mug, hot water, and voila!
- While attempting to lose weight, avoid anything that is high in simple carbs such as rice, noodles, pasta, bread and other sweets. Also avoid salty foods. Avoid junk food by all means. Don’t worry, you will soon lose taste for it J
- You can still eat meat, fruits, and veggies. Flavor your dishes with herbs and spices. Go gourmet. Don’t cheat yourself by taking the easy way with salt.
- You will notice that you will be peeing a lot. The herbs in our slimming teas have a diuretic effect which flushes out excess fluid and toxins out of the body.
- Drink the two teas often. Save money by not drinking it instead of store-bought coffee or tea. You’re doing your body a favor and you’ll feel and see it soon enough.
What’s a gourmet herbal tea?
First of all you should know the difference between tea and herbal tea.
“Tea” usually refers to the beverage which consist of leaves from the Camelia Sinensis plant (the tea plant) seeped in hot water. This comes in white, green, and black. It has many health benefits but it’s high in caffeine.
Herbal Tea is a tea that contains other herbs instead of Camelia Sinensis. Or it could also be herbs with Camelia Sinensis, but it’s definitely NOT just Camelia Sinensis. Capish?
Now that you know what an herbal tea is, you should know that not all are alike! Some companies just put together a bunch of different herbs which don’t taste great – which is why some people think herbal tea is something taken by un-fun, overly serious people with issues. But some, like us, believe that it can be made to also be appealing to senses. The word “gourmet” is just a fancy way of saying our herbal teas taste great.
How many servings is in a bag?
If you put 5 grams of tea in your tea infuser for each serving, a 250g bag would give you 50 servings. If you want your tea strong, you can make it 10 grams each servings, which gets you 25 servings for a bag – which is awesome if you consider that a cup of regular boring, unhealthy tea at a cafe costs at least P100.
Wanna get hooked? Here’s a secret…
Yeah, we all know there are more people drinking coffee than tea in the Philippines. That’s because they don’t this secret!
Steep your tea in a mug with hot water for at least 5 minutes. Remove the infuser. Add a 1-2 teaspoons of creamer and a teaspoon of brown sugar (or another sweetener of your choice). Stir well, and then put the infuser back in so it continues to release flavor as you sip your hot creamy sweetened tea. Enjoy!!